Tuesday 12 November 2013

Turning Over A New Leaf

Hello!

 Last night I received my QUT acceptance of appliance letter or whatever the hell it was. Now whilst that's so bloody exciting from my point of view I realise you're all probably thinking what the hell do you really think we're interested in that. Never fear though as it was a writing book and short message in said book that I wanted to bring to your attention.

The message reads:
The next chapter of your life's a blank page. What you write is up to you.....
etc,etc,etc

Isn't that cute though!?

In short it's left me a small book with completely blank pages and asks for me to fill it with whatever I wish, whether that be goals, aspirations, likes, or ideals, the list is endless. 

And whist it's cuteness is admirable it made me think that a lot of people are held back by their past. I know that it's happened to me before and I think of how my past is going to affect me and drag me down, so I tried to hide it. Luckily I've turned over that stone and have started to accept that yes I have a past but it's not baggage and my past isn't who I want to be nor is it who I am now. This book reminded me of this thought and I wanted to utilise it and take note from it. I've decided not to let my past define my future, everyday is a new page meaning no grudges are to be hold, no problems that hassled me yesterday will persist and no judgements on myself or others regarding who they used to be. 

I hope together we can all turn over a new page in our little heads and hearts.

Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment