Thursday 10 July 2014

J'aime Paris!!!

Bonjour, my friends!

Have you ever felt like the world is sending you a sign? Like bits and pieces of your life are leading you in a particular direction? Or even experienced a weird sense telling you to follow a certain path?

Lately I feel that this is exactly what is happening to me. Everything I do is telling me to go to France  - and no I'm not just using this as an excuse for a romantic getaway. Exhibit my first piece of evidence in which my friend urged me to read 'Anna and The French Kiss' by Stephanie Perkins, it is the start of this whole fiasco. After reading that book everything related to Paris was popping up around me. My magazine subscriptions were all writing articles about  Parisian cafes and things to do whilst in the city of lights. Then it began appearing in the news when the famous Padlock Bridge was taken down for safety reasons. The following Saturday night 'Midnight in Paris' came on the television and then my mother was urging me to watch this cooking show that stars an American girl who now cooks and lives in a tiny cute apartment in the centre of Paris. IT IS EVERYWHERE!

So what else would I do other than take it upon myself to learn the language of love. This particular escapade of mine has only been going on a short while but I already feel as if my horizons are expanding and opportunities are popping up just around the corner (okay so slightly melodramatic but you get my point). I've been teaching myself through this incredible app called 'Dualingo'. It's a free app that gives you the ability to learn a whole bunch of languages such as French, Spanish, Italian and more. I cannot express my love for this app as it's just so simple to learn. It has games and reminders and goals making it easy and fun to get into the grove of your language of choice. 

I think it's always great to take it upon yourself to learn new things. It keeps you moving forward and experiencing a whole lot more of what the world has to offer. The easiest way to teach yourself new skills is branching off on your interests. If you're sporty why not try mastering a particular technique - something rare which could give you the wow factor whilst your on the field. Or if you're like me and love the arts and culture than I suggest picking up a new language or learn to draw with charcoal. 

Au revior!!! xx

(It's like I was a natural born Parisian right?)


No comments:

Post a Comment