Saturday 12 July 2014

My Top 5 Shows To Binge Watch

Today I am bringing you a gift from above. That's right a list of my top 5 television shows that are best when binge watched. I've got such a weird, wide taste in shows so hopefully you'll find something in it that you might like. Cause honestly, who doesn't want another life draining show to ruin you? 

1. Hart of Dixie


This is one of those shows that looks really, really lame - I know - but it is so worth the watch. But once you start it, I promise that you won't be able to stop. Think of hunky bad boys and good-looking lawyers and an ex footballer for a mayor - major swoon. It brings together the best of small town gossip, major love triangles and real life situations. Dr. Hart, is a cartoonishly funny character and her adjustments to small town life is hilariously cheesy and adorably cute. You won't be able to help yourself from feeling all of the ups and downs within her life (and the lives of others in little ol' Bluebell) - even I admit to shedding a tear or two, and I can say that It makes me laugh out loud. Its only 3 seasons so far but it's not over yet so get your booty into gear and sit down for this one. (It only took me a week to finish it all!!!)

2. My Mad, Fat Diary


This is one of those shows that can be a little bit controversial considering that it deals and focuses upon hard topics - for instance, teen pregnancy, suicide, mental illnesses, bullying and more. Rae Earl starts the series by being released from a mental institution and from there the show follows her integration into society. The Gang is another huge part of the story and each member has his or her own problems pop up along the way. Rae commentates throughout the show as if you were reading through her diary entries and god is she hilarious sometimes. I don't want to spoil any of this one fore you so I suggest you just go and give it a watch. I complete the 13 episodes in two days so it's totally doable for a weekend. So sit down with some snacks and take in all that is crazy, fucked up and utterly compelling. 

3. Teen Wolf


This is one of my favourite shows to date. It is goddamn brilliant and even writing this I kind of just want to go and binge watch it again myself. The humour in this show is its soul saviour seeing as it can be extremely melodramatic and cheesy at times - in saying that these things also add to its hilarity. If you're looking for a supernatural laugh this is the one for you. You'll groan and you'll cringe at about 75% of the show (in the best way possible). But like a car crash you cannot take your eyes away. It helps that everyone in the show is utterly beautiful, whether they are a werewolf or not. Oh and there is a lot - like a lot, a lot - of shirt-less-ness too so.... All in all I can't really say a bad thing about it because the bad bits are what makes this show so loveable. Plus its an ongoing series and you've got four seasons worth of material to work with already - i suggest you get on that, ASAP. 

4. Vampire Diaries

Vampire Diaries is my guilty pleasure. So are the Salvatore brothers and the other hunky mythical creatures that just keep appearing. This is every soppy romantic melodramatic supernatural show put on steroids. Each season something else pops up in the world, I think I've lost count of how many there are. The thing is it actually works. You get dragged into this wormhole of drama and you cannot back out. I don't even want to say too much about it because I'll spoil something - and this is one show you do not want to be spoiled in. Be prepared for the onslaught of heartbreak because this show will ruin you emotionally, I'm talking ripping your heart into shreds here - more than once I have literally sobbed for an hour after an episode finishes, like thing of your ugly cry ties ten, my roommates were worried for my health. Have fun with that one! P.S. Season 6 is airing later this year so you've got catching up to do - and even if you've already seen it why not binge watch it again because you know you want to.

5. Game of Thrones


 I was so late on the band wagon with this one - which also means that most of you are up to date - even so I just had to put this on the list. Due to the crazy ass amount of character, plot lines, cities and deaths that occur within this series the best way to not forgot anything is to watch it episode after episode. It's a little bit gory and a little bit racy but the fantastical world of Westeros (I hope that's spelled right) is something you don't want to miss out on. It's got dragons, fearless women warriors and leaders, evil schemes, and of course a little bit of romance. Game of Thrones is literally filled up with everything you could imagine. 

That's it for my list of life-ruining, all consuming shows that you should totally binge watch whenever. Oh and I should probably mention that these are in no order what-so-ever so go for your life.

Don't hate me too much! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment