Friday 18 October 2013

Feeling Icky!

Hello!

Over the past week, I've been dreadfully ill with a very unwelcome stomach bug. My younger sister, Lily (age 11), caught something from someone in the school ground I'm assuming and being the loving big sister I am I appointed myself the role of making her feel much better. This included making numerous cups of lemon tea, giving out belly rubs before bedtime, and a great deal of cuddles. However my efforts were slashed as I was unaware how contagious this bug really was seeing as two days later I came down with it myself. 

Although I was unhappy at myself for catching the bug I was consoled by the fact that Lily was only sick for 24 hours. With the knowledge that it would be over soon I took a day off school to rest up and get myself feeling better. Until I woke up the following day feeling even more dreadful than the first! It's now been three days off school and I haven't improved in the slightest!

Due to this and many other cases of prolonged illness I've come to the conclusion that my immune system is practically non-existent. This theory was then confirmed by my local GP telling me that I have an unnaturally insufficient amount of cells that fight these bugs off and the ones I've got don't do a very good job either! Surprise, surprise! What's even weirder is that when I catch a sickness from somebody it can actually appear to be a totally different bug just because it affects me so terribly! 

After spending so long wrapped up in my bed and missing out on the final days of my schooling experience (seeing as I graduate in 3 weeks) I felt the need to rant and rave to anyone who'll listen to me. Just be glad that I don't have your phone number because I've been calling and texting all my contacts looking for a little support an comfort (which has been gratefully received I might add)!

Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment