Monday 21 October 2013

Loving my body!

Hello!

Today's post is going to be a little bit overdone I feel yet I can completely understand why. Each and every girl on this planet will struggle to grasp the concept of weight and body shapes at some stage in their life. For me that stage finished very very recently, like in the last 3 months recently after having the trouble since I was 10/11 years old. Right now I weigh in at 71.4 kilos at a height of 176 cm (or 5'10), so it's clear to me that I'm not at all a 'skinny' or 'small' girl, and i'm completely okay with it. I can confirm that yes I've got slightly bigger than average boobies and quite a plump bum yet (thankfully) paired with quite a flat tummy and pinched in waist. I used to believe that I had gotten the worst of the family traits, whilst my cousin had gotten the best (with a small waist, average sized boobies and a normal stomach). That was until I started to accept myself more, I thank the universe that I got my aunt's flat stomach and my granny's height and my great grandma's curves, because it's what I now love most. 

Surprising that was the first step in me losing weight. For years I had tried to lessen my figure and even out the bumps and lumps to a more manageable size. I died to look like a runway model or somebody worthy for the cover page on a magazine. Yet during this period of crazy dieting and exercise I loss hardly anything at all because I was pushing my body to its limits causing me to crash and give in to laziness and cravings and then without rest starting up something else claiming that 'it just wasn't the right regime for me'. I was right of course, I just didn't take on the meaning of it until later on.

In the first 2 months of accepting my body I decided that switching my focus to staying healthy and maintaing my current body weight was going to be my new goal. After having set myself so many goals and standards previous it had become a habit to follow them to the best of my ability, what made a difference was that I stopped making the end result impossible. I took up little tricks of the trade like fidgeting in class or whenever I was sitting at the computer, and keeping a more relaxed diet letting myself have a donut or a chocolate if I felt like it for a snack whilst making certain that my main meals were organic and fresh. 

The most shocking change however has occurred in the last month were I have been constantly dropping of half of a kilo almost every day which is utterly incredible and extremely exciting for me. I think it's because I am now aware of what my body wants and when. If I feel like a salad I'll have a salad, if that salad is a chocolate bar well that works too. I've also found a way to ENJOY exercise. Yes  I am bloody well aware that I said ENJOY! People try music and stuff to distract them whilst they are running or working out etc, yet that has never been enough to motivate me. Instead I grab my little sister and we walk around until we get to a hill and have a race to the top, or I go for a walk with my friend who lives down the road and we have a good ol' chat. I have even started to do 'blogilate's' workouts on youtube (which you should all check out). 

(I am fully aware that i'm no dietician etc etc so this really is my personal story of how I've come to terms with my own body and what has helped me.)

Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment