Thursday 17 October 2013

Write My Life?

Hello!

Quite recently I received the last assignment I'm ever going to do in my high school years. Luckily for me it's an English written task! Easy as pie, I know! To make things even better I discovered that it's a bloody autobiography, I mean come on right how much simpler do you want to get? 

WRONG!

To my dismay this assignment is so much harder than I expected it to be. It's forced me to reflect on my entire existence, nit picking out specific moments that will convey who I am as a person and what I have to show for. Trust me whilst it seems like so uncomplicated,  it's actually a very (very) cringe worthy task! How on earth am I meant to sum up a perspective of me in 1,200 words. To recollect my most treasured memories and the choices that have made me who I am. To make a future prediction of where I'm going to go with my life and what successes I will come by. It's dauntingly impossible!

It's also made me come to realize however how much I've actually involved myself in without taking any notice. Turns out over the 17 year lifetime I've had so far, almost all of my most notable memories consist of me when I was most interested in the arts. Ranging from my brilliant performance as Sleeping Beauty in kindergarten to being apart of a performing arts group on the main stage in Disneyland only 6 months ago. However these memories to others may appear that I love to act/sing/dance and simply be on the stage when I'm actually much more interested in living in the story. 

That I figured is what makes writing so appealing to me. Sure I love being a part of the arts, don't get me wrong, but my heart has always been so invested in the story of it, so much so that it's what I want to do with my life. Maybe someday I'll be writing the school plays or even screenwriting in Hollywood itself but I do know that the arts have always helped me through tough times, dragging me into a story other than my own. 

Until next time! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment