Saturday 4 January 2014

2013 Beauty Favorites!

Hello!

I thought for this week I'd give you a bit of a review on some of my personal beauty favourites from 2013. This year I've definitely built up quite the collection of products and as a graduating student I had to be very critical of what I bought considering I didn't have any cash to waste. So without further ado here are my top 10 items of the beauty world. 




This year I gratefully discovered Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation. I was taken aback when I began using this product as it was by far the best foundation I have ever used. It was brilliant for those school days when I was up at the crack of dawn as it literally "woke up" my skin. I feel immediately refreshed when using this product and i love the slight shimmer infused into the liquid as it really highlighted my face giving it a subtle glow. 


The Tony & Guy Reconstruction Mask is a new addition to my bath/shower products. After going on a bit of a shopping spree I came home with this wondrous deep conditioning hair mask. Before using this product my hair was always a little brittle especially in my ends however after one use I noticed massive changes in the quality of my hair. Now my hair is always silky smooth and feels stronger than ever before which I believe to truly be a miracle. 


Channel. I mean how could this be a favourites post without some good ol' Channel. This particular product is the Rouge Allure Velvet #40. It's such a pigmented lipstick that I find the colour to last for hours without reapplication, it also fades really well turning into a slightly lighter deep pink colour. The creaminess of this lipstick also allowed me to apply to moderately dry lips (when i was to lazy to prepare them) without looking cracked or ruining the stunning affect. 


This was the year of eyebrow discovery for me. This gorgeous little shadow by Artistry that is accurately named Java was the perfect fit for my brows. After dying my hair a very deep brown I needed to match my eyebrows to make the look work for me and that is when I fell in love with this shadow. The pigment is thick enough to fill in all the gaps and isn't crumbly at all so no little dust of brown is ever found on my skin when I apply it. I have loved this so much throughout the year (as I'm sure you can tell as I've hit pan) and I'd definitely invest in it again if I could find it anywhere.


Nivea lip balms have been my saviours during the dry winter months of 2013. The particular balm that shown is here is the Milk & Honey version as it is the only one I seemed to have on hand. However I have gone through various tubes of this stuff and have been through the entire range throughout this year. I love having it in my pocket because it's such a perfect size and really has come to the rescue many a times. 


Cinema by Yves Saint Laurent has undoubtedly been my scent for 2013. As you can see I'm down to my last dregs of the bottle and have become very sparing with it as I am so reluctant for it to run out. It has such an elegant and glamorous smell that reminds me of all things Gatsby. It's both delicate and fresh mixed in with something sinister and sweet and will always be one of my most loved scents as it is so complex and changes throughout the stages in which it is worn. 


How hard is it to find a good tinted moisturiser? Very, right? Well I can confirm that the Olay Total Effects Touch of Foundation Day Cream is the way to go. I have a number of days in which I do not want to wear foundation for various reasons yet still need to go out and wouldn't dare brave it with a naked face and this is where this product has come in handy. It so creamy and light and you don't need to worry about streaking when it dries. It even has SPF 15 so it was definitely a go to product in the summer months. 


Of course Maybelline's The Falsies is going to make it on to this list. It is the best range of mascara's out there and no matter how hard I tried to find a substitute for a bit of change I just couldn't. That said this particular bottle is "Flared" and whilst the photo doesn't really display the brush it curves and dips very differently from the other brushes in the range allowing for a thicker application on the outer lashes. 


I always struggled a bit when it came to perfectly matching my winged liner. I went through liquid, gel and pencil eyeliners to no avail until I discover the L'oreal Lineur Intense. I assume it has something to do with the brush that makes it so easy to apply, I can literally make the perfect winged liner look almost instantly with this wonder tool. I have this in the shade Black Mica but I will definitely be going to scoop up the liner in a brown shade when I see it on sale. 


Last but not least comes the L'oreal Gentle Eyes & Lips Make-Up Remover. I have actually lost count of the number of bottles I've used of this throughout the year. Applying a little squeeze on a muslin cloth or face washer and then holding against my heavy eye makeup for 10 seconds or so would literally dissolve all traces that anything was there at all. I use this product each and every time I take off my makeup and it has become a regular part of my nightly routine. 


Until next time! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment